We are seeking an IT Project Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for the management and delivery of technology related projects across various departments.
- Plan and implement large IT projects, including developing project management artifact development
- Mentor project managers based on PMBOK and GAO Best Practice Recommendations for cost, risk, and schedule (MS Project Experience) Implementation
- Evaluate new IT strategies and procedures
- Ensure deadlines and cost targets are met
- Maintain required project documentation
- Serve as a liaison between business and technical aspects of projects
- Routinely develop Project Charter, Project Management Plan, MS Project Schedules, and related artifacts to ensure project execution in accordance with defined Project Management Policy
- Provide Project Management Training in accordance with PMI PMBOK as required
- Bachelor’s degree or Project Management, Computer Science, Finance, Information Systems, Business, Management or related discipline from an accredited university or college.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- PMI PMP or other equivalent project management-related certification.
- Experience executing all phases of the Project Management Lifecycle.
- Demonstrated expertise in two or more of the PMI Body of Knowledge areas (Project, Program, or Portfolio) as demonstrated by certification beyond PMP and or extensive experience, such as Six Sigma, PMI OPM3, or other process improvement methodologies and tools.
- Experience leading large and complex IT and non-IT projects with project teams that included third party vendor resources.
- Experience with managing and implementing software solutions using best practices in the areas of application architecture and development, configuration management, release management and application support.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated teaching abilities on project management topics
- Public Trust Clearance Preferred